07 June, 2011

Good Day Sore Throat! Happy You Could Join Me!

I woke up this morning with a pretty terrible sore throat and despite sleeping my regular 8 hrs, I still felt so tired when my alarm rang. I ended up hitting the snooze button 30000 times. Fun times! Thank god I work from home, cause I have no idea how I would've gotten up to go to an office! I don't even know how I got sick either...bummer!

Anyways, yesterday I was feeling pretty great. So instead of taking the day off like I was supposed to, I ended up running an easy 5km with one of my friends. It was nice because we went on a running trail I had never been on before. Huzzah for exploration! We went by the river near my house and it was super beautiful! Next time I'll bring my camera. The run was nice and easy with lots of breaks, but I still built up a sweat and my legs were pretty tired afterwards. We actually ended up walking and talking for about an hour after our run. Nice and loooooong cool down!

I'm supposed to have a group training run tonight, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. I'm feeling tired and sluggish and my tonsils feel like they were raped! I think it would be wiser for me to just go to the teaching part (that's like 30mins before the run) and then head home. The walk there and back (about 40 mins total) should be enough exercise for this sick lady! Plus I'm totally justifying skipping this run with the fact that I ran yesterday...hello compensation?! I'm not a work out addict or anything (rather the opposite), but I have a serious issue with backing out of commitments so I'm feeling a tad guilty about skipping the run tonight. Ha! Crazy much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment